Monday, March 21, 2016

Culture Corner: Thailand, Bangkok

Let me get the soon-to-be-obvious out of the way first.  This collection of photos in no way comes close to representing the city of Bangkok.  More a look at the most popular cultural/tourist attractions, the reader will not catch any glimpses of everyday street life in Thailand's capital.  And this is my fault, mostly due to the circumstances of travel.  Where I normally have the hands free to snap away, walking the streets at my leisure.  This holiday I brought with me my eighteen month old son, which meant my hands were rarely free, and when they were, we had already arrived at our destination, i.e. temples, palaces, and other beautiful places, just not places that would give the reader a glimpse of quotidian urban life in Bangkok.  But enough humming and hawing, it is what it is:

The Buddha at Wat Arun...

The Royal Palace...
More from the Royal Palace...
And still more from the Royal Palace...
Wat Pho...
The Great Laying Buddha at Wat Pho...
Like cake...  (more Wat Pho)
And the last photo from Wat Pho - the most beautiful place in Bangkok we saw.

If only I had photos of street life - where the rubber hits the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment